Thursday 20 August 2015

Crappy Day

I went through my blog last night after posting about my day planner dilemma and was surprised by the shear number of negative and primarily stress induced posts.
I suppose it makes sense because I feel compelled to blog when I'm upset and need to vent rather than when I'm happy because I want to enjoy being happy, you know?

Anyway, today is another negative post because today sucks.

My family has been dog sitting since Saturday for some family friends. The dog, Jane, is old and has a plethora of health issues associated with that, but she seemed to be stable. She was eating, drinking, taking her medication, and even going for very brief walks. That was until today when she stopped doing all of these things.
We contacted the family asking what was up, and they told us to take her to the vet. She then proceeded to pass away on route.

It stings because I still am very sensitive about my two dogs passing away over a year ago, but also I feel so bad for owners because they're across the world right now and know that when they come home they won't have a dog anymore. My heart goes out to them and I can't imagine what it is like.
I know that it was not my fault and that it was just her time (she was nearly 14 years old) but I feel that I failed them and that I failed Jane.

I then had to go to work after coming home from the vet. The place that I work at is currently dealing with a pest issue because of a vacant store in the same mall.
This has led to a rather unpleasant smell and overall just the work place being a little disgusting.
I sent an email complaining to the General Manager so hopefully things will be resolved soon because seriously this is gross and potentially dangerous.
I felt dizzy for a lot of my shift because of the smell...

Unrelated, the day planner dilemma has resolved itself when the Color Crush became no longer available pretty much anywhere, so I just finished buying the Kikki K planner.

2 comments: