Sunday 23 March 2014

Stress Fest

Welp, it's that time of year again, and while I have fewer papers and they're better spaced out than last year, I'm actually panicking more.

Also, I've started to clench and grind my teeth while I'm awake because of the stress and can only stop when I become actively aware of it (you are now breathing manually). Plus the stress has decided to manifest in other aches and pains, like chest pains.
University stress is going to kill me, isn't it?

I'm also super pumped because I have FIVE exams this year (that's never happened to me before) so the stress won't end until April 24. Then I will collapse in a coma for the next 4 months.

Whenever I get super stressed like this I wonder why I put my body through this agony. You're supposed to take care of your body. Do things like eat right, exercise, and avoid stress, but when it comes close to essay deadlines, I spend entire weekends sitting on a couch, stuffing my face with junk food to keep myself sane, and stress myself out. Maybe it's my habits, maybe it's the stress of university, but I feel like every essay shaves off a year of my life, and I wonder if it's really worth it.
Am I being overly negative?

Ah well, time to stay up too late and work on a paper. Wish me luck, and may the markers be ever in your favour.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, It's your handling of stress. I can't and won't go around telling you how to handle it because frankly, stress destroys me too. (Pair it with anxiety and you got yourself conniption serum) What I will say is that's my theory, and though it may be a distraction, you may want to look into stress handling methods. (Or take a page from snowfire maybe)

    Either way I wish you the best of luck and hope you stress less soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. Stress for me usually manifests in depression and anger more than physical pain. I did the same thing earlier this week though; I finished practicing and then went, I'm beating up my mind AND my body, and for what? So now I'm not allowing myself to get that worked up. Riccy is right, there are ways you can deal with stress so that it's not to an unmanageable point - though it can be hard to do sometimes. I recommend, when the term is over that maybe you try to find a stress management class. It really helped for me. The only other thing I can think of for now is just try to let go a little - yes, you want a good grade, obviously, but sometimes trying SO hard for it isn't worth it. Try to let go of little perfectionisms and I think you'll save yourself a lot of stressing out.

    ReplyDelete