Friday 22 September 2017

Looking Up

So things have improved slightly since my last post.

My roommate is still one of the messiest people I have ever encountered in my life and that will be an ongoing battle, but I'll survive. (Unless I get ill because she leaves raw meat out on the counter for days).

My shower has been fixed and it makes a world of a difference. The shower wasn't draining properly so all my showers were a race against potentially flooding the bathroom, which meant either getting out with shampoo still in my hair or turning the water off for 5 minutes while you stood there freezing waiting for the water to drain slightly so that you could finish showering. This being resolved has been a massive improvement.

I also have started to make friends. There is one girl in my program named Grace who also lives in my building and she is very nice. Last night she came over for a few hours and we studied together. My roommate doesn't make great company, so it's nice to have someone around.

I am however very stressed. There is so much homework and readings and I'm constantly busy with school. This week I had 4 assignments due, plus tons of readings. It's interesting stuff, but it's just so much work.

I'm still kind of homesick, but things are getting better and I don't want to drop out and run back to Winnipeg immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are improving! Yeah messy roommates are a headache and a half, but par for the course. Do what you need to to keep yourself sane.

    But also out of trouble, heh.

    ReplyDelete