Wednesday 16 January 2013

Winter Blues

As we are now half-way through January, I feel that I am now tired of winter, snow and especially the cold.
I love the winter in December, and I'm even okay with snow in November. After all, it's pre-Christmas. The winter wonderland only adds to my exuberant joy and cheer (which occasionally annoys people, but sorry, I'm not sorry).

However, once New Years has rolled around, and the Christmas decorations are taken down (or at least should be... I really need to get on that, oopsie!) I'm done with the snow and start to crave sunshine and warmth. Heck, I'd even be okay with some spring-time rain.

Snow I am done,
We've all had our fun.
But cold I am sick,
And the icy streets so slick.
No more shoveling,
The frozen fingers suffering.
I am so through,
Of my lips turning blue.
The bundling up tight,
The dark before night.
Winter you were nice,
But not without the Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment